Servo converters NOVODRIVE ND40 series
Servo converters for synchronous servo motors, high-torque motors, and linear motors
An old saying says: All good things come in threes! Our brand-new NOVODRIVE servo converter family consists of three members: ND41, ND42, and ND43. Being fully identical with regard to functionality and use, all devices offer to you highest performance and reliability for a multitude of applications.
From a finely graduated range of power levels, you can select the servo converter suiting best your specific requirements: ND41 for applications requiring 2, 4 or 7 amps, ND42 for applications requiring 5, 10 or 20 amps, and ND43 for applications requiring up to 25 amps. While ND41 uses a one-phase or three-phase supply voltage of 230 VAC, ND42 use a three-phase supply voltage of 400 VAC and ND43 up to 480 VAC.
The functional range of the devices comprises:
- an integrated sequencing control with up to 128 stored parameter sets,
- 50 permanently available operation modes, from analog setpoint setting for speed to various positioning modes (among them, absolute positioning with setpoint ramp),
- immediate switching of operation modes for increased machine cycle times,
- programming according to the international SI standard,
- field-weakening operation for high speeds when working with high-torque motors,
- Profibus/CANopen interfaces for PLC connection.
Even our high-performance ND42 and ND43 servo converters are characterized by very small dimensions. All our devices are mounted on a 3HE Eurocard of 230 mm length. And talking about width: a 19“ frame can accommodate nine ND41, or five ND42, or three ND43 servo converters. For wall mounting in switch cabinets, our servo converters are available in a rugged single-axis housing with integrated mains filter.
The servo converters of the NOVODRIVE ND40 series are equally suited to work with brushless servo motors, high-torque motors, and linear motors. For rotor position feedback, you can choose from a range of measuring systems the one best suited for your specific application. All ND40 devices support
- sine encoders (rotary or linear) with up to 4096-fold interpolation,
- Heidenhain ENDAT 2.2 measuring systems with absolute position identification in realtime.
The core of the extremely comfortable start-up and application software is a 4-channel-oscilloscope, by which all control ¬parameters such as acceleration ramps, limit values, or values for input/output current can be recorded, printed and archived. And: The software now comes with a brand-new diagnosis function.
Technical specifications of the NOVODRIVE ND40 series
|Type||Rated supply voltage VAC||DC link voltage at rated supply voltage VDC||Rated current A|
|ND41||230||320||2, 4, 7|
|ND43||400 - 480||680||25|